The CSAD promotes student empowerment by encouraging and supporting activities that cater to the diverse needs and interests of students/student organizations and breed a sense of social responsibility, spirited citizenship, leadership skills, creativity and true self-expression among the students. It is also responsible for monitoring the discipline of all students and for handling student related complaints, cases and investigations.
Functions & Responsibilities
On Student Activities:
- Inform students of their rights and responsibilities;
- Appraise students of the rules/codes on student discipline, and proper decorum and behavior in their association with fellow students, teaching and non-teaching employees and administrative and academic officers;
- Organize various activities for students/student organizations in coordination with the other centers;
- Supervise, regulate and facilitate the co-curricular and extra-curricular activities of accredited/recognized student organizations and student councils; and,
- Ensures access to auxiliary facilities as meeting places for recognized student organizations, and student lounges where they can interact and socialize.
On Student Discipline::
- Informs students of the proper decorum inside the campus;
- Informs student of the MCL dress code;
- Monitors student infractions and implement their penalties; and,
- Supervises procedures on disciplinary cases, monitors progress and compliance of students with sanctions and their compliance.