APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
Any foreign applicant intending to study at Malayan Colleges Laguna (MCL) as a freshman may be admitted on the following basis:
• Completed at least Grade 12 secondary education
• Passed the Malayan Colleges Laguna Entrance Examination (MCLEE)
• Good Moral Character Certificate/ Recommendation Letter from the School Head
Filing of application for S.Y. 2019-2020 will start on September 1, 2018.
Click here to view the time and schedule of the entrance examinations.
1. Duly filled application form
2. Original and photocopy of Transcript of Records/ Scholastic Records (or its equivalent)
2.1 Translated version (if needed)
2.2 The applicant must submit a certificate of the school’s numerical equivalent if the report card contains alpha grades
3. Recommendation letter (Certificate of Good Moral Character from high school principal or guidance counselor with the issued year of moving up and school seal)
4. Two (2) pieces 1.5” x 1.5” identical pictures with plain background
5. Application fee of PHP 400.00
Submit the listed requirements to the Admissions Office (ADO).
NOTE: Wait for the advice of the ADO regarding the results of the evaluation of your transcript of records.
Pay the application fee at the Treasury Office (TO).
Present official receipt of payment to ADO and secure test permit and admissions kit.
Take the examination on the scheduled date. Examinees are advised to arrive 30 minutes earlier for an orientation, and to present their test permit to the proctor.
Exam results may be viewed online here after seven (7) working days.
NOTE: Please update ADO of any changes in your email address and contact numbers. Kindly note that results will not be released over the telephone. Should you have further inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call via (049)832-4063 to 66.
After passing the MCLEE, Marine applicants are advised to:
4.1 Submit a valid ID to Health Metrics Inc. (HMI) 4th Level of Prism Plaza in Two-Ecom Center, Mall of Asia
Complex, Pasay City for medical exam
4.2 Claim the medical result in HMI
4.3 Submit the medical result to Center for Health Services & Wellness (CHSW) of MCL
Applicants may pay the enrollment confirmation fee (PHP3,000) after receiving the MCLEE results.
Prepare the requirements for enrollment.
Pay the Acceptance fee at the Treasury Office.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SCHEDULE
Time: 7:30 AM and 12:30 PM
Foreign applicants are advised to submit their requirements for admission at least seven (7) days before their preferred date to take the MCL Entrance Exam (MCLEE).
|October 13, 2018
|October 27, 2018
|November 10, 2018
|November 24, 2018
|December 1, 2018
|December 15, 2018
|January 5, 2019
|January 19, 2019
|February 3, 2019
|February 9, 2019
|February 23, 2019
|March 9, 2019
|March 23, 2019
|April 6, 2019
|April 13, 2019
|April 27, 2019
|May 4, 2019
|May 11, 2019
|May 18, 2019
|May 25, 2019
|June 1, 2019
|June 8, 2019
|June 15, 2019
|June 22, 2019
|June 29, 2019
|July 6, 2019
|July 13, 2019
|July 20, 2019
We would like to remind the enrollee to prepare the list of requirements below. We have designated areas for the parents to stay while waiting for the enrollee as we encourage them to process their enrollment independently.
The following documents must be submitted upon enrollment:
• Bureau of Immigration requirements for application of Student Visa or Special Study Permit (SSP)
• For Marine applicants - Medical Clearance Form from CHSW
BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT VISA ABROAD
1. Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records/ Scholastic records authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service /Philippine Embassy post located in your country of origin or residence
2. Original and photocopy of Certificate of candidate for graduation / certificate of completion of secondary education authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service / Philippine Embassy post located in your country of origin or residence
3. Original and photocopy of Good Moral Character Certificate or Recommendation Letter from the high school principal authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post
4. Original and Photocopy of Passport
5. Original and Photocopy of Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities in your country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service post Philippine Embassy having consular jurisdiction over the place; or Original and Photocopy of National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance for applicant who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the change/conversion of his admission status to that of a student
6. Original and Photocopy of Medical Clearance from National Quarantine Office
7. Proof of financial support /Bank certification authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service /Philippine Embassy post located in your country of origin or residence
8. Three (3) copies Personal History Statement with signature
9. Two (2) recent identical pictures, size 1.5” x 1.5” and two (2) 2”x 2” with plain background
CHANGE OR CONVERSION OF STUDENT VISA
1. Scholastic record or Transcript of records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Post from the country of origin
2. Certificate of Good Moral Character Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence
3. Certificate of completion of secondary education or eligibility to tertiary education authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence
4. National Bureau Investigation Clearance for applicant who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the change/conversion of his admission status
5. Photocopy of passport, latest admissions and authorize stay
Other documents are required to be submitted:
• Duly notarized letter request from the applicant, with a statement that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies.
• Duly notarized General Application firm accomplished by the applicant and notarized (BI form No, MCL-0701; should be notarized)
• Original copy of the Note of acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal or duly notarized written endorsement from the school for the conversion of the applicant’s status signed by the school’s Registrar;
• Original copy of Medical Certificate issued by the Bureau of Quarantine and International Health Surveillance or a government medical institution with competence to certify that the applicant is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease and is mentally fit;
• Photocopy of applicant’s passport showing it’s bio-page, latest admission and authorized stay of at least 20 days from the date of filling;
• National Intelligence Coordinating Clearance (NICA); and
• Bureau if Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.
APPLICATION OF SPECIAL STUDY PERMIT (SSP)
Students less than 18 years old
1. Notarized Letter of Request from the applicant’s appointed guardian or parents
2. General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-07)
3. Certificate of acceptance by the school with official school dry seal
4. Photocopy of passport showing applicant’s bio-page, admission stamp and authorized stay of at least 20 days from the date of filling
5. Bureau of Immigration Clearance Certificate
International Students exempted from Student Visa / Student Study Permit
1. Diplomat Visa
2. Pre-arranged Employment visa
3. Special Investor’s Resident Visa
4. Special Resident Retiree’ Visa
IMMIGRANTS or PERMANENT RESIDENTS
1. Special Circumstances
2. Native Born – Born in the Philippines but carries a foreign passport
3. Refugee’s visa
4. Alien Social Integration Act of 1995
5. Order to waive passport requirements/Omnibus Investment Code
6. The Administrative Naturalization Law of 2000
GUIDELINES FOR ID PICTURE-CAPTURING
ID picture-capturing will be done during enrollment in MCL. These guidelines will be implemented in picture-capturing for the official MCL ID.
a. Eyeglasses must be removed.
b. Contact lenses may be worn, but contact lenses that change one’s true eye color must be removed.
c. Both ears should be visible.
d. Earrings must be removed.
e. Hair accessories must be removed.
f. Students must wear a collared shirt or blouse. If the student is wearing an un-collared shirt or blouse, then a coat or blazer must be worn over it. Girls must not wear attires with plunging necklines.
g. No hats or head coverings must be worn, except for religious purposes. A Muslim student may wear a hijab and not show her ears, but her face should be wholly visible for identification. The head covering must not cover the eyebrows and eyes.