The Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering is a program incorporating the operation of the ship’s main engine, auxiliaries and other propulsion
and adjunct machinery. The marine engineers are responsible for efficient and smooth operation and maintenance of the ship propulsion plant, taking
care of all the engineering equipment installed in the ship including the electrical and refrigeration machine.
The BS Marine Engineering program being a dynamic profession, its curriculum is organized, planned and periodically reviewed to comply with the
latest industry standards to develop those skills and abilities that are necessary in pursuing a professional career at sea and as global maritime
The Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Program aims to:
- Produce and provide the maritime industry with well-rounded, qualified, well-trained complete marine engine officers to meet the human resource
requirements of the global maritime industry, ashore and afloat.
- Prepare, ensure and make the graduates available to the world in general and the Philippines in particular as ship professionals capable of meeting
the ever expanding global need of as shipboard officers, marine surveyors and maritime executives and as leaders in the maritime industry, the
transportation field in particular to meet the present and future challenges.
- Produce graduates who are not only familiar with the state-of-the art engine room but also with different cultures with different ways of thinking
in his globalized milieu. That they should not only be experts locally but also globally and capable of performing under highly varied and stressful
situations and locations.
- Inculcate to our graduates that as players in the global maritime playing field, that everything being equal, there is an ethical standard in the
practice of the profession and therefore righteousness, fair play, self-discipline, pride in the profession and respect to all must be afforded.
- Produce maritime professionals as a party to ensure that the Philippines continues to maintain its position as the leading provider of quality
maritime manpower worldwide and the pride to be Filipinos and be able to contribute their share in whatever capacity.
- Develop those skills and abilities that are necessary in pursuing a professional career at sea and to ensure that the students have a greater
understanding of shipping operation, the business aspects of the maritime industry to ensure that they graduate professionally competent, trained
for leadership and responsibility, well-rounded intellectually and a good citizen of the Philippines and of the world.
- Comply with the requirements as set forth in the International Convention on the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for
Seafarers (STCW) 1995, as well as the STCW Code in subsequent related amendments, bearing in mind that the maritime profession is the most globally
regulated of all professions.
- Prepare graduates to discharge responsible duties as leaders in the allied fields of the maritime industry as ship managers, ship operators,
maritime educators, marine surveyors, technical superintendent and port managers, at retirement and/or stop serving ships and or naval and coast
guard officers upon graduation.
- Inculcate in our graduates what Globalization is and make them realize the interdependence of between maritime professionals and global trade and
The graduates of Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Program are expected to:
- Have the necessary competences required by the STCW (at a theoretical and practical level A-II/1, A-II/2, A-II/2, A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-4, A-VI/1-4, A-VI/2)
and serve as Officers in Charge of a Navigational Watch after attaining their OIC Navigation Watch licenses.
- Attain and show knowledge of General job-related competences by developing ability to work towards solving problems in the sense of being able to
identify and analyse complex problem situations in a professional context independently and ability to develop and apply useful solution strategies.
- Attain and show knowledge of on Discipline-specific scientific competences by acquiring the understanding of basic scientific knowledge specific to the
marine transportation and nautical sciences.
- Attain and develop the sense of analytical and critical thinking and knowledge of research methods and techniques (quantitative and qualitative) and the
ability to apply them.
- Develop the sense of problem-driven thinking and problem-solving actions.
- Attain and develop social responsibility in the professional context (environmental awareness, safety on board and in port).
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org