This Diploma Program is composed of three instructional modules: Introduction to Culinary Arts, Western and Oriental Cuisine, and Baking and Pastry.
The duration of the program is aligned to the required number of hours set by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
After completing the three instructional modules, trainees will undergo a 600-hour apprenticeship program in partner institutions like hotels,
restaurants, and cruise lines. This is to ensure that graduates of this diploma program are equipped with the skills needed by the industry.
Since this is a certificate program, a diploma will be awarded at the end of the program specifying the training hours rendered, and the completion
of the required practicum/ apprenticeship hours.
The One Year Diploma in Culinary Arts aims to:
- Equip its students with the needed culinary skills and knowledge through intensive hands-on practice;
- Promote professionalism in the culinary practice by immersing the students in the culinary workplace; and
- Enable its graduates to be successful professionals who can contribute to the development and progress of the culinary arts industry.
Graduates of the Culinary Arts program are expected to:
- Exhibit above-average skills and competency in the areas of Basic Culinary Arts, Western and Oriental Cuisine, and Baking and Pastry;
- Demonstrate pleasing attitude towards work; and
- Perform work effectively and efficiently according to the standards of the culinary arts industry.
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : email@example.com