ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
Any foreign applicant intending to study at Malayan Colleges Laguna (MCL) as a freshman college student may be admitted on the following basis:
- Completed at least Grade 11 secondary education.
- Passed the Malayan Colleges Laguna Entrance Examination (MCLEE).
- Submit a Good Moral Character Certificate/Recommendation Letter from the School Head.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & REQUIREMENTS
STEP 1: Submit the requirements to the Admissions Office (ADO).
- Duly accomplished application form
Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records/Scholastic records (or its equivalent)
Original and photocopy of Recommendation Letter from the School Head
2 pcs. Pictures, size 1.5” x 1.5” (plain background)
- Available in the Admissions Office (ADO)
- Downloadable in website
- May fill out online application form (ADO will do the printing)
STEP 2: Pay the application fee to Treasury Office (Php2,000)
STEP 3: Present receipt of payment to Admissions Office and secure the admissions kit and test permit (if applicable)
STEP 4: Take the exam on the scheduled date. Applicant must present the test permit to the proctor.
No permit no exam policy.
STEP 5: Notification results letter of exam can be viewed online at www.mcl.edu.ph after three (3) working days. If you cannot view the result, please contact the Admissions Office at (049)832-4063 to 66.
For Marine applicants:
- 5.1 Submit a valid ID to Health Metrics Inc. (HMI) for medical exam
1157 Merry Land Plaza, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City
- 5.2 Claim the medical result in HMI
- 5.3 Submit the medical result to Center for Health Services & Wellness (CHSW) of MCL
STEP 6: If accepted, applicant shall follow the ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE FOR FRESHMAN
ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE & REQUIREMENTS
The following documents must be submitted upon enrollment:
BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT VISA ABROAD
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records/ Scholastic records authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service /Philippine Embassy post located in your country of origin or residence
- Original and photocopy of Certificate of candidate for graduation / certificate of completion of secondary education authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service / Philippine Embassy post located in your country of origin or residence
- Original and photocopy of Good Moral Character Certificate or Recommendation Letter from the high school principal authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post
- Original and Photocopy of Passport
- Original and Photocopy of Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities in your country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service post Philippine Embassy having consular jurisdiction over the place; or
Original and Photocopy of National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance for applicant who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the change/conversion of his admission status to that of a student
- Original and Photocopy of Medical Clearance from National Quarantine Office
- Proof of financial support /Bank certification authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service /Philippine Embassy post located in your country of origin or residence
- Three (3) copies Personal History Statement with signature
- Two (2) recent identical pictures, size 1.5” x 1.5” and two (2) 2”x 2” with plain background
CHANGE OR CONVERSION OF STUDENT VISA
- Scholastic record or Transcript of records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Post from the country of origin
- Certificate of Good Moral Character Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence
- Certificate of completion of secondary education or eligibility to tertiary education authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence
- National Bureau Investigation Clearance for applicant who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the change/conversion of his admission status
- Photocopy of passport, latest admissions and authorize stay
Other documents are required to be submitted:
- Duly notarized letter request from the applicant, with a statement that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies.
- Duly notarized General Application firm accomplished by the applicant and notarized (BI form No, MCL-0701; should be notarized)
- Original copy of the Note of acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal or duly notarized written endorsement from the school for the conversion of the applicant’s status signed by the school’s Registrar;
- Original copy of Medical Certificate issued by the Bureau of Quarantine and International Health Surveillance or a government medical institution with competence to certify that the applicant is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease and is mentally fit;
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport showing it’s bio-page, latest admission and authorized stay of at least 20 days from the date of filling;
- National Intelligence Coordinating Clearance (NICA); and
- Bureau if Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.
APPLICATION OF SPECIAL STUDY PERMIT (SSP)
Students less than 18 years old
- Notarized Letter of Request from the applicant’s appointed guardian or parents
- General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-07)
- Certificate of acceptance by the school with official school dry seal
- Photocopy of passport showing applicant’s bio-page, admission stamp and authorized stay of at least 20 days from the date of filling
- Bureau of Immigration Clearance Certificate
International Students exempted from Student Visa / Student Study Permit
- Diplomat Visa
- Pre-arranged Employment visa
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa
- Special Resident Retiree’ Visa
IMMIGRANTS or PERMANENT RESIDENTS
- Special Circumstances
- Native Born – Born in the Philippines but carries a foreign passport
- Refugee’s visa
- Alien Social Integration Act of 1995
- Order to waive passport requirements/Omnibus Investment Code
- The Administrative Naturalization Law of 2000
STEP 7: Pay the Acceptance fee (Php4,500) at the Treasury Office.